Saturday 5 October 2024

Finally something good about video games.

I tend to bitch a lot about the state of gaming right now. 

It all boils down to a lot of games just not being worth shelling out 80$ for something that's a rehash of some other older concept or a game that just is not really enjoyable.

Even things like the freebie gatcha games are only interesting for a short period of time, they then either become boring grinds or holes that you sink buckets of money into just to try to progress your game further. 

However today I got my hands on something that. was actually fun to play. It got it's hooks into me and I sat and played at it for several hours over the course of the day and had a lot of fun just messing around. I died a pile of times and it really didn't bother me because the game is fun and has a awesome soundtrack (I'm almost wondering if I can extract it or something). 

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to Squirrel with a Gun.


You are a Squirrel.

You have a gun.

That's the entire real premise of the game. The graphics are simple, controls aren't too hard, and it's one of the most fun things that I've picked up in a long time. 

It's 25$ Canadian. 

I've already gotten enough play time out of the game to justify what I've spent, and I'm nowhere near bored of the thing yet. 

I wonder if they have any plans for making a co-op version? 

No comments:

Post a Comment