Saturday 21 September 2024

Macbook Pro - M3Pro - What's it like now that the new toy feel has worn off.

 Whenever you purchase a new toy there's always a period where it feels like the greatest thing that you have ever bought. After a while, once the newness of whatever it is has worn off, that's when it's interesting to hear what people think of the purchase. 


For the Macbook Pro that I picked up the newness has kind of worn off, and it's kind of time to update my thoughts on the device.

For about 80% of what I'm using it for it's overkill.

There were a lot of things that I used to justify the purchase, and there's not a lot of point in going into them again, but at this point the device still feels like it's a good purchase. While it's overkill right now as new versions of macOS show up and things change over time having the extra headroom will be good to keep the device from becoming obsolete overnight. The screen kind of hits the sweet spot for me, sitting between the 15 and 13 inch options on the MacBook Air's and having one that runs at 120hz is definitely something that I'm enjoying.

It's almost got me thinking about getting a higher refresh rate display for my desktop machine. 

Either way, still satisfied, and hopefully this will last a good long time before I have to worry about replacing anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment