Sunday 8 September 2024

Uni-taskers vs. Multitaskers - round 2

So, last round I was singing the praise of the Kindle, a purpose built book reader. Now I'm going to talk about the other side of the coin and another device that I have in my bag. 

Yep, a Leatherman Wave. 

While it's not the best single tool that I own it's one that I continually have on me and make use of more than a lot of the other tools that I have kicking around. And the entire reason for that I just because it's so dammed convenient. 

The tools on the Leatherman aren't the "best" version of a given tool that I own. I have better pliers, knives, screwdrivers, and scissors sitting around but I can't carry all of those in my backpack without having a lot of extra weight to carry around. Nevermind the looks that I would get if I pulled a four inch hunting knife out of my backpack to cut a rope or open a box at work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment