Sunday 28 July 2024

A decision has been made.

Well a couple of days ago I picked up a MacBook Pro for a "daily" driver laptop for personal use. Given everything that's been going on with Mcrosoft and the latest releases of Windows, and the problems with the 13th and 14th generation Intel CPU's that is getting reported on now I'm thinking that this is probably going to be a better purchase longer term.


I'm still going to have to maintain a desktop machine for gaming, and the one that I have right now is more than capable for what I need for gaming around here. Anything else that I want to do can generally be done wither remote on another machine or will run fine on the hardware in the device that I've picked up this time around.

The one thing that I have noticed with it is that the Pro unit is snappier than the MacBook Air that I have had access to at work. I can see why most people are saying that a Air is good enough for most of what people will be doing, but there is a performance difference. The higher refresh screen is a definite improvement, not that Apple has ever really put crappy displays on any of their laptops but this one is a step above over what's in place on the Air.

I'll be picking through this more over the next couple of weeks but I think that I'll be putting this thing through it's paces over the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment